Thursday, November 1, 2012

Halloween and Getting Back in the Pool

Did you guys have a fun Halloween? B and I always had swim practices or meets on Halloween so we've never really gotten excited about it (except for the candy, of course). This year, we were invited over to a friend's house to pass out candy and enjoy some cider. We were so out of touch with the rest of the world that we didn't realize we needed costumes until 15 minutes before we left...oops.

We were in a rush so we didn't take pictures...he just wore a batman T-shirt with black jeans and I wore an LMFAO Party Rock Gym T-shirt with pink leggings and crazy sunglasses. Their song "Sexy and I Know It" was a popular choice for swim practice playlists, so their songs make me weirdly nostalgic.

Oh, and there was gold eyeliner involved. 
These are new friends so it was really great to tour their gorgeous house, meet their dogs, and get to know them a little better.  I had some of the adult cider, it was a little strong for me but it was warm and that was all I wanted! We didn't get many trick or treaters :( I was bummed. I grew up in the woods so no one ever came to our house, and little kids in costume are so cute!

Now, if you've been paying attention to the last few paragraphs, I'm really missing my old swim team. I told B that I was kind of sad about it, and he said that he feels the same way. Well, big news: we decided to actually do something about it!


We joined a gym with a pool and got back in the water for the first time since the 2012 NCAA championships (me) and the 2011 conference championships (him). It hurt, it wasn't pretty, and we didn't get as much done as we would have liked...but it was a start. I usually bounce back pretty quickly after time off, so I'm feeling optimistic about the next few weeks. I'm experiencing the perfect amount of total-body fatigue right now.

Oh chlorine-hair, how I've missed you.

Random: we got passed in a no-passing zone on our way to the gym. This lady was FLYING. Then she started honking her horn at the person in front of us and flipping off everyone on the road. It was so crazy. Aaaaand she ended up going to the same gym as us. AWKWARD. The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me something